A great low fat recipe perfect for a healthy yet satisfying and delicious meal!
- 1 cup of Abukass Rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; keep it until boil.
- Add the peppers.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Add the peas. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes or until heated through and liquid is absorbed.
- Add parsley.