Chinese Fried Rice
Do you usually enjoy the fried rice served at Chinese Restaurants? You can now create your very own home version of it and twist it with any flavor you may like!
- 3 Cups of Abukass Rice
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (or more eggs if you like)
- 3 drops soy sauce
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 8 ounces chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot (very small)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (add more if you like)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok. Allow wok to cool slightly.
- Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chicken to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve. Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired.