An aromatic flavored rice, it is essential to use butter to form the crust part properly. This can be served as a side dish with fish, chicken or meat.
- 1 Cup Of Abukass Rice, rinsed in cold water
- 1⁄4 Cup date molasses
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon saffron, grounded
- 1⁄4 Tablespoon cardamom, freshly grounded
- 1 Teaspoon rose water
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Combine, saffron, freshly ground cardamom and rose water in a small cup.Bring a large pot of water to a boil with sea salt to taste. Add the rice and boil uncovered for precisely 8 minutes, then drain.
- Mix the date molasses with the rice, then mix in the rose water mixture.
- Choose a medium sized heavy bottomed pot.
- Melt the butter in it over medium heat.
- Add 2 spatula-fulls of rice and mix with the butter, patting down to cover the bottom of the dish. Pile the reminder of the rice in a loose cone shape and poke a few holes in the rice with the spoon handle.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of water over the rice, then cover tightly. Place over medium low heat and let cook for 20-25 minutes. Keep a close eye at the end as the rice can burn.
- The easiest way to unmold the rice is to prepare a sinkful of cold water, dip the bottom of the pot in cold water for about 30 seconds, then invert the pot onto a serving platter.
If the rice crust does not release fully, simply break up the crunchy pieces that stuck to the pot and scatter over top.