Biryani is one of the popular Gulf dishes and consists of colored rice with onion slices and reddish leaf vegetables, you can prepare this dish in advance and then cook it on the day of serving and is a perfect dish for a large banquet. The recipe features: This Iraqi dish goes back Persia and Pakistan, and was brought by travelers and traders after their return. It reflects Iraqi cuisine influenced by some remarkable culinary traditions in the cultures of the Gulf Arab neighbors.
- 3 cups of Abukass Rice
- 6 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 potato, cut into cubes
- ½ cup noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 hot pepper
- Fried nuts for decoration
- Salt and black pepper
- Black lemon, cinnamon sticks, Hill, Carnation
- Prepare the chicken for cooking your own way then boil with cinnamon and cardamom, after it is done remove it from the stock and remove the bones.
- Roast the potatoes with peppers and a little oil until wither and mature.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter, then add the chicken pieces and stir for two minutes, then add the potato mixture, remove the pan from the heat and pour the milk and toss well and let them rest.
- In another pan, fry the vermicelli in a little oil until its roasted, then add ground cardamom and chicken broth. Pour rice and dry mint and a pinch of saffron dissolved in water.
- When the rice is cooked add the potato mixture and mix well and let rest for 5 minutes.
Serve hot with fried nuts for decoration