Abu Kass Fried Rice Balls
- 4 tbsp of butter (room temperature)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Abu Kass basmati rice (washed and soaked for half an hour)
- Two cubes of chicken broth dissolved in 2 and 1/2 cups of boiling water
- A pinch of saffron
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 chicken breast (chopped in small pieces)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 green onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 a tsp of mixed spices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A small amount of corn oil
- Mozzarella cheese
- Frying oil
- Heat half the amount of butter then add the chopped onion.
- Once the onion softens add the rice and stir.
- Then add half of the chicken broth and a pinch of saffron.
- Let the ingredients boil and stir until the water evaporates.
- Then add the rest of the chicken broth and leave on low heat until cooked.
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the butter and stir.
- Leave it until it cools then add the beaten eggs and stir.
- For the filling: add oil to the pan, then add the onion until they soften.
- Once softens add the chicken pieces and stir.
- Then add the capsicum, garlic, pepper, salt, black pepper and a little water.
- Cover and set aside until fully cooked.
- After the rice cools take a spoonful and put it on the palm of your hand and put a little filling, then cover it with a second spoonful of rice and roll it up, then cover it with breadcrumbs (for easy formation, put a little oil on the hand so that the rice does not stick).
- Put the rice balls in the freezer for an hour until they stick before frying.
- Then fry them in deep oil until they take on a golden color.