- 2 medium sized Zubaidi fish
- 3 cups basmati rice from Abu Kass
- 4 cups hot fish broth
- 2 medium sized onions, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup rose water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp ground dried lime
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil for frying
- Wash the rice well, and soak it in water for approximately 25 minutes.
- Soak saffron in rose water and set aside.
- Clean the fish, and season it with turmeric, spices, half the amount of ground lime, salt, and cardamom.
- Sprinkle the fish with tahini, and fry it in oil until golden.
- Put four tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan, and fry the onions in it until browned.
- Add the rest of the lemon and raisins, and stir the ingredients until wilted, and set half of the mixture aside.
- Add a cup of rice to the mixture, then put the fish on top of it, then add the rest of the rice.
- Add the fish broth, and leave the saucepan over a low heat for thirty to forty minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Spread the mixture of rose water and saffron over the rice, and cover again for five to ten minutes.
- Pour rice into a serving dish, place fish on top, and garnish with fried onions and raisins.