Abu Kass Biryani Rice
- 1 cup of Abu Kass basmati rice
- 1 full chicken or just the thighs based on preference
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 small containers of plain yogurt
- 2 tsp of salt
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp of chopped ginger
- A handful of roasted cashew
- A pinch of saffron
- A splash of Kadi water (ماء كادي)
- To prepare Abu Kass basmati rice, soak the rice for half an hour then boil until the rice is half cooked then drain the rice and keep the boiling water.
- Wash the chicken thoroughly in vinegar and flour.
- Add the chopped onion to the oil followed by the minced garlic and then the chopped ginger.
- Grill the chicken in the same pan as the vegetables and add the remaining spices.
- Add the yogurt, tomatoes and water until the chicken is covered.
- Mix a little of the water that was used to cook the rice with a pinch of saffron and a splash of Kadi water.
- Sprinkle some of the previous mixture then cover the pot and lower the heat.
- Place on a serving plate and garnish with parsley and roasted cashews.